Because of major national policy support, to develop the field of fiber optic products, optical fiber gradual decline in the price of the cost, fiber optic installation and construction are also increasingly simple and convenient, plus high-bandwidth optical fiber, a wide range of applications, from external electromagnetic interference and prevent signal leakage, etc., fiber optic system solutions increasingly factored by customers. FTTx is the use of optical fiber as a transmission channel network physical layer information media, mainly as a network of broadband access. x represent different scenarios applications generally include the following:
1. FTTC (Fiber to The Curb/Cell) is mainly for residential service, ONU telecommunications equipment installed in the side of the road junction box, through the coaxial cable extending from ONU transmission CATV signal, twisted-pair copper networks to transmit voice and fiber optic splice mode signal.
2. FTTB (fiber to the building) service object has two types, one is an apartment building home users, the other is the commercial building companies or business units. ONU devices are generally placed on the bottom into a building (such as the basement), where apartment buildings may be FTTC ONU extension; while commercial buildings because it is a company or business office services enterprises, so that the network transmission performance requirements are higher, network stability and security requirements more stringent.
3. FFTH (Fiber to The Home) optical fiber directly extended to all home users, all-digital network services, to provide users with a variety of life and entertainment services, such as a doctor at home, online shopping, video on demand, remote training.
4. FTTD (fiber to the desk) refers to the fiber completely replace the traditional copper twisted-pair transmission medium extends directly to the user terminal (such as office computers, printers, etc.), the user terminal to achieve full network access through fiber, improves network transmission bandwidth, extending the transmission distance, and enhance the stability of the network and information security.
The main impact of the test fiber system performance parameters – decay, in addition to the quality of their products with the relevant cable, the most important is the construction and installation process.
1. Fiber polishing method: through on-site hand-grinding, with epoxy adhesive curing, the connector assembly steps to complete the cable connection. Now the basic fiber polishing method should not be adopted, because this way the construction workers demanding technical level, and for the present single-mode systems, Gigabit multimode networks, grinding mode is difficult to achieve, unstable performance.
2. Fiber splicing method: it works by fiber alignment system to align the ends of optical fibers, the use of high-temperature high-pressure arc discharge tip of the principle and performance of fiber-optic high temperature melting, so that fiber splicing together to obtain low loss, low reflection fiber optic fusion splice. Fiber splicing method most widely used at this stage, the most suitable for application in a large number of relatively concentrated fiber termination, especially in the wiring between the application of the cabinet.
3. Fiber Optic Splice method (also called mechanical fiber splice): The whole process does not require cold then hot welding machine, suitable for relatively small number of core optical fibers, optical fiber connecting geographically dispersed, especially suitable for the application in the FTTD.
Fast optical fiber connector is characterized by the application FTTD
Fast fiber optic connectorsis smaller than the volume of the common connector smaller, more convenient wall and desktop installation, to ensure the stability of the optical system performance and reliability. However, if the conventional optical fiber splicing manner, since the heat-shrinkable sleeve has a length 6 ~ 7mm, the bottom panel 86 of the cartridge mounting space is not deep enough, it cannot guarantee performance of the fiber splice and fiber bend radius requirements may result network communication is unstable.
Fast fiber optic connector with fiber embedded in the factory, without gluing and sanding, simple and convenient. Process does not require the entire cold then hot melt machine, greatly reducing the complexity of fiber termination, saving fiber splice time and improve the efficiency of construction.
Fast fiber optic connector with a simple construction and installation requires only a crimping tool to completer fiber optic splice, easy to use and short training period; and cold connection equipment investment cost is small, as FTTD solutions to improve the cost-effectiveness.
Fast fiber optic connector construction process does not require an active device, suitable for office construction for harsh environments, especially in pre-construction project, most of them are not powered site environment or to take power inconvenient places.
Fast fiber optic connector can be repeated production, improve the utilization of fiber head, significant cost savings.
Fast fiber optic connector is available in SC and LC connectors, multi-mode OM2, OM3 and singlemode OS2 Gigabit systems to choose from.